Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS...ALWAYS!



Well I been on SL for more than 4 and a half years and I come to do some thinking. I been asking myself what keeps me logging in everyday? What keeps me doing the things I love to do? I realized the answer is simple. It is the love and fun I have with my SL family and friends. However, with the days of social networks, IM messenger programs, and even the simplicity of a phone call...is that really enough to keep me logging in every day and doing what I love to do here?

Actually, I found the real answer lies more in my question than my answer. "...Doing what I love to do here" is probably the best phrase that answers it all. Actually, it probably does for you too.

Think about it. When you first started SL it was a virtual world on the basis of wow look a cool sim game platform. Then you realized the people behind the avatars are just as real as you. After hanging out, clubbing, chatting, learning the ropes, and cursing out the lag (LOL), you start to figure out things you want to do. Things you want to contribute.

In RL I always had a dream of owning my own bar, club, or combination of both. Actually it was a Gaming Center (LAN- Party like computer gaming) that also functions as a day bar (juice bar or snack bar per se)...then doubles as a night club at night. OK well I know AquA Lounge is not really like that but it is a start. SL is more than just the daily chat program of the day. It is where a lot of people actually realized they are good at something other than what they thought in RL.

Yeah I DJed here and there in RL, but it wasn't until doing it on SL that I realized I enjoyed it more and more as the days go by. The same can be said for my club The AquA Lounge. Maybe...just maybe one day soon my dream of my bar/club in RL will come to fruition. NO! Not maybe...it damn well will come to be a reality one day.

Why?

Because like we are in SL...I will reach for my dream and make it happen...One step at a time. My point to you all is always follow your dream. it could be in SL (good place for a test run hmmm) or RL, but no matter where and how...you just do it. I have faith in you. Hehe...only thing you really need to start is faith in yourself.

Hugs,
DJ InsyX Piranha

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Insy!
    It is now that I am rediscovering the simple things like this on SL and rediscovering the wonderment of when it was all new as a noobie etc.
    I have weeded out the crap and enjoy the exploring aspects of SL and not the "see and be seen" of the some of the fakery out there!

    ReplyDelete