Wednesday, December 15, 2010

OMG THE RUMORS ARE TRUE - 40 GROUP LIMIT COMING!

What was a rumor and heavy topic floating around SL Blogs, forums, news feeds, and in world chatter is now totally true. I am sure this news might have came out weeks or so ago, but you know me: I don't believe it until I see it where LL is concerned. They will plan to up the group cap from 25 - 40 by the end of this year or beginning of next. They say by the end of this year but once again: I will believe it when I see it lol.

As a DJ, Club Owner, Clothing Store Franchise Owner, and co-owner/officer/etc in other groups, I have had to juggle groups to DJ or rezz stuff in various shops and leave or re-join them. I even got wise and use my money alt, Woofman Lyle, to join groups my friends have and I would get all their announcements in my email account to stay in touch with what is going on in their lives in SL. 40 groups I am sure will not solve the whole problem for many, but at least they finally going in the right direction and this will help a great deal. After all this viewer version 2 crap, which I still find as bad as Whitney Houston's crack habbit.

Below is an exert and a link to more on this topic of the 40 group raise.

Yes!!!
-------------------



Great News from Linden Labs:

Group Limits Will be Raised to 40
Another big pain point for Residents is the current limit that lets you be a member of only 25 groups. We plan to raise this limit to 40 by the end of this year. In the past, our biggest concern about raising group limits was potential performance degradation, with additional stress placed on our central database. After completing some internal analysis, we now feel comfortable enough to extend group limits up to 40. I’ll put a qualifier on the group limits increase, however, and state that if we see a decrease in performance (i.e., more lag), then we may decide to roll back to the 25 limit again.

Read the other improvements planned here:

No comments:

Post a Comment