Sunday, February 6, 2011

LAST OINK AT AGE OF IRON / LAST PARTY AT AGE OF IRON: PICS AND WRITE UP!














Well after writing the last post I found out that night of the party that it was not only the Last Oink at Age of Iron but it was also the last party there too. It kinda brought me back to when we had a party to close out the time of the main land Ironworks before moving to the then Warehouse Plaza sim. The only thing is that this time there is no new entity or sim. The shock finally settled in today that wow the era is over.

Why did it take a day for it to sink in? Well one thing is I got all my items returned to me from my main store that was on that sim lol. But, also it was due to the fact we closed it down in great oinkin' fuckin' ravin' partyin' fashion. It was one of the BEST Oinks I have ever been happy to DJ. Host Cameron, Kharissa as Tammy Swinette, and the Hog Dancers (Vaan, SirG, Leo, and Sy) all put on dance numbers during the party. Each member got to choose a song and the others will back them up. Then at the end they all came on for one big finale to end finale when they danced to Pink's Funhouse.






























I played some songs of remembrance for the crowd and people were going thru the emotions. I know I was. As I said I been doing OINK party weekly for almost 4 years now (3 years and 11 months and a week). It is truly my longest running set ever and as the first DJ at Ironworks / Age of Iron and OINK being the first party (minus the pre-opening parties we been to that was just radio and chilling while they build) I kinda have sentiment over the whole ordeal. OINK has truly evolved from naked party to a great show.

Don't worry folks we will keep it going at a new home, with the same feeling. We will keep the Ironworks spirit alive, but since OINK will be at a different home, we want to not be based on living in the past but to move forward. OINK has evolved but it is not anywhere near done growing HOOO!!

TO THE AGE OF IRON AND IRONWORKS...THE OWNERS AND MANAGERS...THE EVENT TEAM AND BUILDERS...THE COUNTLESS COOL PARTY GOERS: IT WAS A FUCKLIN FUN RIDE AND I ENJOYED EVERY STOP ALONG THE WAY HOOOO!

LOVE YOU ALL!!











2 comments:

  1. Thanx Insy for capturing this for me as I couldn't be there!
    If I had known it was also going to be the last ever IW/AOI party I would have booked off sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did not know it was the last party at AOI until party time. I went by the notecards that all said feb 10th was last day so I figured a concert or cabaret would close it out. But they did have a AOI party on the Pride sim Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete